Monday 2 June 2014

State of the Nome: PHANTOM FEARS and everything after

So! PHANTOM FEARS is out and it's free and it's currently riding high on All Romance Ebooks top ten for Lesbian ebooks! Huzzahs! Cue celebrations:

I'm not kidding you - this came up when I searched for "celebration" at FreeDigitalPhotos.net. I don't know what he's celebrating, but it's shady as hell.

If you're after more free stories from Shannon's perspective, don't forget to check out A Wolf In Girl's Clothing, which is the story of Shannon and Ayla's first meeting and is right here on the blog.

And if you want more f/f fiction from me in general, my next Evernight release will be THE BEAST OF BIRCH HILL! Contract is signed, cover art/blurb sheet is returned, and I have a tentative release date of "sometime in July." Here's the unedited blurb for that:

Wildlife photographer and cryptozoology blogger Emma Jordan came to Birch Hill expecting to find another urban legend. The rumours of a big cat stalking the woods around this quiet town surely had to be just that - rumours. But when the evidence starts to pile up that Birch Hill really does have a killer cat on the loose, Emma finds herself caught in a confusing game of cat and mouse. And her blossoming relationship with Abi Blakely might just be pushing her further into danger.

This will be part of Evernight's great Romance on the Go line, so think of it as a fun, short, hot read, and remember it's from me, so there's alien big cats as well as romance. Yay!

In the mean time, I've started work on a new urban fantasy WIP, which is actually a reworking of the novel that landed me a literary agent once-upon-a-time. It's pretty early days, but I'm stupidly happy to be revisiting this world and bringing it up-to-date. I'm waiting for news on UNDERTOW, which has a projected August release and has been through one round of edits already, and I am desperate for this book to be released. You don't even know. And I'm toying with ideas for another short story. After last year's miserable writing drought, this feels really good.



No comments:

Post a Comment