Tuesday 15 July 2014

Guest Blog - Beth D Carter and Vampires!

Today I'm welcoming Beth D Carter and her new release, vampire love story, AS MIDNIGHT LOVES THE MOON (it is an awesome title - I'm glad we get the story behind it!). Take it away, Beth...

Thank you so much for hosting me! “As Midnight Loves the Moon” went through many incarnations before becoming a MMF story. I had originally written it without Daphne, as a straight MM story and no sex, but it sat for a long time because something was missing…until I thought about adding a human girl into the mix, and then my poor dying heroine popped into my head. After that, well, who doesn’t think of sex and vampires? It’s almost symbolic, as the fang slides in so does his throbbing member.

Okay, sorry for the purple prose! LOL!

I’ve also gotten a lot of compliments to the title. I must admit, I didn’t dream of this all on my own. One of my favorite campy movies from the 80’s was “The Pirate Movie” with Christopher Atkins and Kristy McNichol. In the movie, Frederic (Atkins) asks Mabel (McNichol) “Mabel, do you love me?” And she replies, “As midnight loves the moon.” I’ve always loved that line.

As Midnight Loves the Moon

Wayde Wallace is a vampire. He’s been alone for a long time, until he smells the sunshine scent of a woman and finds Daphne Sabella. Her blood smells intoxicating until he catches the stench of sickness upon her and realizes Daphne is dying.

Alexander Malden is a Shade cop sent to patrol the supernaturals who lives among humans. A rogue vampire is killing women and he thinks Wayde is the monster because only a trickster can make him feel such lust and longing.

To prove his innocence, Wayde goes out to find the real rogue vampire and Alex can’t help but follow because the mating bond has already settled between them. And when they believe they can finally help Daphne, she’s become the next victim. Now they must rescue her and turn her before her heart gives out.

Read on for an excerpt!



Wayde looked behind Alex and noticed their conversation had gathered a few watchers. His gaze flickered back up to the handsome cop. “I suggest you sit down,” he said softly. “We’re attracting human notice.”
Alex glanced over his shoulder, probably to double check he told the truth, and slid into the booth, staring at him and carefully keeping out of his reach. “You think by distracting me in a bar, I won’t kill you?”
“You’re so bloodthirsty. Again, I ask you, why do you want to kill me? I’m not your rogue vampire.”
Alex’s eyebrows skyrocketed. “Right.”
“I’m not,” he stressed. “I’m a bookstore owner. I deal in extremely rare books, usually pre-Gutenberg printing press, although I never turn down a book in excellent condition from around 1040 to the mid-1800’s. Beer?”
“No,” Alex answered with a low growl. “Listen, you tried to kill me yesterday—”
“You attacked me,” Wayde interrupted. He pushed his beer aside and kept his eyes steady on the warrior in front of him. “And if I wanted you dead, you’d be dead. As you learned last night, I am able to hold my own.”
“I’ve come better prepared.” Alex opened his jacket a little more to show his gun.
“Ah. Your master plan is to take me out back and shoot me?”
“Of course. Your suggestion, remember?”
“Of all the things I said last night, that’s what stood out?” Wayde chuckled. “Listen, I have your sword at my shop. You can stop by anytime to pick it up.”
“I don’t actually plan for you to be alive for much longer.”
“Then I beg to differ,” he replied. “Have you ever killed a vampire before?”
He saw the answer before Alex muttered “no.”
He shifted forward in his seat, leaning toward Alex, who stiffened at the gesture. Then he focused on Alex, blocking out everything around them. The noise, the smell, the crackle of vinyl seats all faded as he called forth his hunger. It rose sharply, like it always did, waiting eagerly to be sated. It was heat and power and magic, all rolled together, bursting forth like an invisible web. And as soon as he captured Alex’s eyes with his own, he knew he had the man.
“I want you,” he murmured, weaving his spell. He knew that his voice took on a husky timber, that his eyes blazed with blue fire, and that his pheromones heated up. “Do you want me too, Alex?”

Buy Links


Bio

I like writing about the very ordinary girl thrust into extraordinary circumstances, so my heroines will probably never be lawyers, doctors or corporate highrollers. I try to write characters who aren't cookie cutters and push myself to write complicated situations that I have no idea how to resolve, forcing me to think outside the box. I love writing characters who are real, complex and full of flaws, heroes and heroines who find redemption through love.

I’ve been pretty fortunate in life to experience some amazing things. I’ve lived in France, traveled throughout Europe, Australia and New Zealand. I am a mom to an amazing little boy. I’m surrounded by friends and family. I hate washing dishes but I love cooking. I hate washing clothes but I love wearing them. Writing my bio is difficult because I never know what to say so I hope you like this one. My favorite color is red but I look best in black (it’s slimming). I hate people who don't pick up their dog's crap in public places, people who don’t use turn signals, and I really hate people who are rude and condescending. I especially hate discrimination in all and every form. And although I love holding a book in my hand, I absolutely adore my e-reader, whom I’ve named Ruby. I love to hear from readers so I’ve made it really easy to find me on the web:



1 comment: