Monday 10 November 2014

Anti-Nano: The Musical Edition

Although I wasn't quite as productive this weekend as I was last weekend, progress on Nightmare Moon is going nicely and I'm really excited about sharing another snippet on Wednesday. So rather than wax lyrical about the ins and outs of writing and navel-gaze over progress/word counts/character motivations, I thought I'd share some of the music that's been shaping the mood and momentum of Nightmare Moon.

I don't often listen to music when writing, unless I'm alone in the house, but I make playlists for all my characters and big WIPs. You can find the complete Nightmare Moon playlist here if you so wish:



My stand-out tracks, you ask?

Well, I'm nothing if not an AFI fan, so A Deep Slow Panic is definitely my top pick.




And Sunny Came Home has been Scarlett's (my protagonist) anthem for well over a decade:




Seven Devils by Florence and the Machine is another essential track for this novel:




And my last pick, for a new-to-me artist who just absolutely had to be included, because this song is perfect for Scarlett in this book - Banks.




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment