Tuesday 20 October 2015

Things That Are Happening Right Now

This probably isn't really happening
So I'm back to writing daily after my most recent bout with Probably Rotator Cuff Syndrome. Not quite back to 1k a day, but I'm no longer turning out 0k a day, so I'm happy. I don't know if I can still finish Oath Breaker Dark Days by the end of this month, but I'm really hopeful!

In the mean time, I'm waiting for edits on COLD NIGHT MOON, as well as a new Amber Morgan story, so despite not being able to write much, I seem to be busy on the writing front. At the same time, I don't have much to talk about, so I thought I'd share some things that are happening in lieu of actual content from me.

First! Attack of the 14 Nights of Halloween is happening! This is a blog hop organised by Laughing Vixen Lounge, with a prize jackpot ($225+) full of jewelry, perfume, clothing, accessories and more! One of the prizes has been donated by Deep Midnight Perfumes, one of my favourite indie perfumers, and I urge you to take part in the hop for that reason alone.

Second! My friend and fellow author/cat-lover, Olivia R Burton, has launched a podcast called I've Got No Beef With You, where she'll be talking to her fellow vegans about their journey to veganism. The first episode is up now, and features adorable guest appearances from her cats, and is really interesting to boot, even if you're not actually vegan. I'm currently in the process of phasing dairy out of my life, so it was good to hear some different perspectives on that. Check it out!

Third! Jeffrey Combs guests on Caustic Soda podcast. Who's Jeffrey Combs, you ask? Get out! It's this guy:


There aren't many good film adaptations of HP Lovecraft's work, and I'm not sure that Re-Animator is "good" in an objective sense, but it's a cult classic and it's totally amazing in a crazy, beautiful way, and I love it. Since it's Spoopy Season, why not treat yourself to both the podcast and the film?

I think that's everything that's happening right now. I'm heading back to the writing cave!

No comments:

Post a Comment