Friday 18 November 2016

Friday Check-In: The Ambitious Edition

Ambitious because I'm gunning to write 10k this weekend. I did it the weekend before I went away to Iceland, so I know I can do it. The issue is always whether I will. We have a builder and our landlady coming round at some point because there's a hole in the living room ceiling, but aside from that, I don't have anything else on the agenda. So writing should happen! How much writing is yet to be determined, but if I can get 80-10k down on either/or Through Fire and Pale Queen, I will be pretty happy.

This week I've concentrated on Pale Queen and ideally I'll spend one day on that and the other on Through Fire, but as always I try to be flexible with myself. If one story is really coming out easily and smoothly, it's counter-productive to stop and work on the other.

It's only three weeks now (less, in fact!) until Kyle and I jet off to Morocco for his birthday, and part of my desire to nail 10k this weekend is to get as much writing in as possible before we go. I'm expecting edits for THROWN TO THE WOLVES either this month or in December, too, and it would be nice to focus on those without mentally panicking that I'm not on track with my works in progress. So we'll see! I hope everyone has a great weekend whatever you're up to! See you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment