Monday 16 January 2017

Author Interview - Maggie Mundy

Happy Monday! I'm sure there's a Monday/Mundy pun to be made here, but I'm above such cheap laughs (I'm really not), so let's skip over that and go straight to the fun part! Maggie Mundy kicked off her Dark Storm series last autumn with IDOLIZE. She was gracious enough to answer a few questions for me and share a bit about the book and her writing life, so let's go!






Tell us a little bit about your IDOLIZE.
Idolize is book one in the The Dark Storm series. The books are based around the lives of actors on the show.

Blurb

Cassi moved to LA to escape a violent past and wants anonymity for herself and her son. She is starting to get her life back on track when she meets Declan Reed. He is latest hit on the Hollywood scene, playing the lead in the TV series Dark Storm. She gets the love of a TV star, and the fame that comes with it causes her past to come back and haunt her with what could be fatal consequences.


Was there any part of this story you found particularly tough to write? If so, why? 
I wrote phone sex. I have never done it, so I researched what was acceptable. It seems anything goes as long as you are happy consenting adults.

Ah, okay! That seems a good rule for life in general. Do you have a favorite genre to write in?
It used to be paranormal romance but now I really like contemporary fiction

Are there any genres you haven't tried yet that you really want to?
I am trying to write women's fiction at the moment and loving the woman's journey part of the story.

If you could have dinner with any three writers, living or dead, who would they be?
Jane Austen. I’d like to find out the real story behind her life and loves. Nora Roberts. She is just amazing. JK Rowling. She helped my dyslexic daughter learn to read.

Are there any books you can just read over and over again and never get sick of?
Pride and Prejudice. Love it.

It's always hard to beat the classics! If you could recommend any book (beside your own) to everyone reading this, what would it be?
I love Sophie Jorden’,s Devil’s Rock series for contemporary and The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant for a bigger historical read. Don’t expect an HEA with the second one.

I haven't read any of these! Obviously time to add them to my TBR pile. Now, the killer question. Tea or coffee?
 Tea. My mother used to call me teapot when I was a kid because I drank so much of it.

The correct answer! Apart from writing, what are your great passions in life?
My family.

And finally, what else are you working on right now? What's up next from you?
I am working on book two in the series called Fantasize. It is about a paparazzi, a blackmailer, and Gemma, one of the actresses on the Dark Storm show.


So that's Maggie and IDOLIZE! Like the sound of it? You can pick up your copy at the following places:


And pretty much anywhere ebooks are sold! You can also grab Maggie's latest release, RANDOM MEETING.  

And if you want to keep up with Maggie online, here's where to find her:



 Want a taste of IDOLIZE? Read on for an excerpt!


Cassi knew it was the brandy talking, but when would she have a Hollywood actor captive in a cabin again? He put his glass down and raised one eyebrow as he peered at her. Then he patted the couch in front of him. Okay, she had drunk two big brandies, but what was he suggesting here?
He placed a finger under her chin and lifted it so she gazed in his eyes. She gulped. He didn’t need to say anything. She would kiss him anyway. All he needed to do was ask.
When you left that day, you took part of me with you. I’ve been looking around and meeting other people and other women trying to find it. I was a fool to let you go then. Now you’re here, Cassi, I’m not going to let you go without telling you how much I care.”
His face was close as his palm cupped her cheek. Her mouth hung open and she felt a strong ache between her legs showing the need for physical contact she had not received for so long. She could feel his breath on her lips. His eyes connected with hers and then moved down to her lips. He ran his thumb along her lower lip and she moved forward. She knew this wasn’t real and something he had rehearsed, but didn’t care. He only had to say the word and she would have sex with him all night long. He didn’t say anything more, but their lips almost touched. Then he moved away.
Breathe.
It’s a scene from our next episode. It doesn’t turn out well as she’s a vampire and sells me out. I get back at her through some crazy ritual, though. Sorry I took the advantage by adding your name.”
Declan was still holding his palm against her cheek and she didn’t want him to move away.
You’re good.” He was more than good as she was putty in his hands right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment