Friday 7 April 2017

Flashback Friday - Uncovering Kacey Hammell and Cover Me!

I can't believe it's Friday already! I've only had a short week, as I had Monday and Tuesday off work, but I'm still so ready for the weekend. Hope everyone else is too! If not, well, Kacey Hammell is here to kickstart things for us...

Thank you so much for sharing my new release with your readers!

I had a lot of fun writing Jay and Leanne's story. The older woman/younger man angle was a new one for me but I loved it! Not only was it fun but reminded me of my own relationship with my (younger) husband too. *g*

I hope readers enjoy Cover Me. Happy Reading!!

Cover Me By Kacey Hammell

Contemporary, Erotic, Romance, May/December W.C. 34,000 Heat Level: 3 ISBN # 978-1-77339-
106-9 Publisher: Evernight Publishing Release Date: December 13, 2016

cover-me-final







Wanting her son’s best friend shouldn’t feel so right …

Jay Savage is one of the most sought after models in the business who seems to have it all. He’s the face of romance novel covers from coast to coast, and has expanded his brand to an executive role. Despite the endless possibilities in his life, Jay doesn’t have the one woman he wants most. She is everything he needs, and everything he can’t have. Their age difference isn’t the only obstacle standing in the way of convincing her they were made for one another. Leanne is also his best friend’s mom.

On Nita Lake to celebrate the marriage of her son, Leanne Hogan is faced with the most delicious temptation she’s ever encountered. Their smoldering heat burns down her defenses, and Leanne finds herself giving in to the only man who tempts her banked desires. They shouldn’t work. Can’t work. So why does it feel so right when she’s in his arms?

Be Warned: spanking, public exhibition


Purchase links: 





Read on for an excerpt!



“Hi,” he said, throat dry.

Her cheeks reddened, and she stepped back. “Come in.”

Jay crossed the threshold, nerves and adrenaline pumping fast and furious through his veins. He turned and attempted a smile. “Um, Leanne, we need to talk about earlier.”

She fiddled with the tie at her waist, nodding, then pointed to the chair in the corner by the balcony door. “I know we do.” She stared up at him, panic and confusion lighting her eyes. “I, um, was heading to the pool for a swim. Let me grab my robe.”

Jay moved in between her and the bed, halting her. He wanted to look at her perfect skin and body all day. Her eyes widened, and he watched her swallow hard. “No need to cover up on my account.” He wanted to lighten the mood, but as shock covered her face, he knew he’d missed the mark.

Leanne moved around him, only to stop as her shoulder brushed his. “Damn it, I’m so confused.” She crossed her arms over her chest. “What the hell is this?”

Her whisper reached his ears, as well as the realization dawned that she was torn up over earlier.

“I’m sorry if I’ve gone too far, Leanne, but I’ve wanted you for years. As soon as I realized what desire and attraction were, you’ve been the woman I wanted.”

She bowed her head, shaking it, and covered her mouth with one palm.

“I know you don’t believe me, but it’s the truth. I’m not even sure mere words can express how important you are to me.”

“No. You’ve lost your mind. It’s ridiculous. I’m so much older than you are.” She moved to the side of the bed, her face stricken and her arms crossed in front of her as if protecting herself from him. “The wedding and all … we’re just caught up right now because we’re here alone. You’re my son’s best friend, for God’s sake. Jay, it’s okay. We’ll chalk this up to crazy loneliness.”

Her attempt at a smile did little to appease him. There was no way he’d let her diminish his feelings.

“What I’m telling you has nothing to do with timing or loneliness or your son. Only us. And over a decade of feelings on my part for me to wade through.” She drew in a deep breath and opened her mouth. “Hear me out, okay?” he interrupted. “And be honest with yourself. There’s nothing stopping us to see what might be. We’re adults who are attracted to each other. There’s something between us, Leanne. I’ve wanted you for years. I don’t think I’m wrong to believe there have been mutual feelings on your part the last few times we’ve seen one another. Please be honest with yourself and don’t trivialize our relationship by telling me otherwise.”

Their gazes locked—in combat, he supposed, neither willing to back down from the tension circling the room.

“Oh, Jay,” she whispered, then turned to peer out the small opening between the curtains of the balcony door.

He wouldn’t give up on what they could have together.

Jay moved in behind her, he inhaled her sweet-scented mix of vanilla and strawberry. His mind raced imagining her spreading soap or lotion all over herself. He swallowed hard, shoving the thoughts away. “You’re the most amazing woman in the world in my opinion. I want to show you every bit of beauty I see. I wish you saw yourself as I do.”

He lifted his hands, cupping her shoulders and massaging the stiffness there. She sighed and lowered her head, as if enjoying the attention.

“It would be so easy to fall in to your arms and forget everything else. But Jay…” Her voice was soft and low, but he heard the indecisiveness and the deep-rooted hunger underlying her words. “I don’t live life by throwing caution to the wind. And you could have any woman in the world. I’m just an old house wife who—”

He pulled her back in tight against his chest, not wanting to listen to her denials. Jay pressed his lips to her neck, kissing his way over her skin. She gasped, then relaxed in his arms, her breathing quick and rough.

“I don’t want to be with anyone else,” he whispered against her ear. “No one else exists right now. You and me. Here and now. Hungry for each other, desperate to be together. I feel the tension in your body.” He raked his teeth along her neckline, doing a mental high-five as her hands balled into fists against her belly. “Damn it, I sense your need, too. But I won’t push you. But if you tell me to go…” He wrapped his hands around hers. “I will. But don’t think I’ll give up. I’ll keep coming back hour after hour, day after day, to show you how much I want you.”

Jay waited, arms around her, his dick ready to burst and his heart thumping to capacity. He sent up a silent prayer she wouldn’t say no.

“You’re right.” Leanne let out a breathless sigh. “I don’t want there to be anyone else here. Just you and me. But what if—?”

“Let’s pretend for tonight that what if doesn’t exist.”

She nodded but remained silent. Jay didn’t move, waiting for her to give verbal consent or tell him to go away. Anything that gave him an idea what she wanted. Jay sucked in a harsh breath as she took matters into her own hands, sliding hers from beneath his and going to the ties of her bikini top. The coils slid away, unraveling into long straight lines. Leanne took a step forward and turned, her gaze capturing his as she faced him. Her hazel eyes burned with desire, uncertainty, and also acceptance. Gaze locked with his, she parted her top and let it fall to the floor.

~~~~~~~~~

About Kacey: Avid Reader. Romance Author. Redhead… Canadian-born author Kacey Hammell is definitely a book-a-holic. A romance reader from a young age, she fell in love with happily ever afters. These days, as a multi- published erotic romance author, she enjoys adding a lot of heat, sass, and emotion to the many genres she writes. Mom of three, Kacey lives her own happily ever after with her perfect hero in Ontario, Canada.

Readers can find all my titles under the “Bookshelf” menu on my website – www.kaceyhammell.com

Please consider following me at:



2 comments: