Sunday 13 May 2018

Author Interview with Megan Slayer

Happy Sunday, folks! Hope everyone's having a chilled-out weekend. I'm currently in isolation in the kitchen while Nero records a podcast episode, but I have a plentiful supply of tea, and I'm getting some words down for Chaos Songs, so it's all good. While I get Lola and Tris into trouble, how about an interview? Megan Slayer is here with her recent release, HER SIR. Let's find out what it's all about!



Hi, Megan! Tell us a little bit about your newest release.
Her Sir is a hot little story about two people who belong together, but don’t realize they do until it seems like it’s too late. It’s a realistic story. I guess that’s why I like it so much. The characters are people you might know. Andi is an artist and she has an ex who is a drip. Dean is a Dom and a member of the local city council. There’s bdsm heat and heart involved. Oh and a mention of vibrators.

Gotta get those vibrators in! (No pun intended). Do you have a favourite genre to write in?
I like to write contemporary because I like that the story could happen. I like to put myself, via the characters, in those situations. It’s fun.

Who are your biggest influences – they don't have to just be literary ones!
Oh golly… well… writing-wise, it would be Harper Lee. I loved To Kill a Mockingbird and Go Set a Watchman. She wrote well, even when she needed an editor. Plus, she lead such an interesting life. Another would be my third grade teacher, Mrs. Jason. She said I’d do something interesting and creative with my life. She encouraged me to think outside the box. When she found out I’d become a writer, she said she wasn’t surprised and thought that’s what I’d do with my life. That stuck with me.

Encouraging teachers are awesome - I definitely had a couple who pushed me to further my reading and writing, and it was invaluable. Changing directions a bit - if you could have dinner with any three writers, living or dead, who would they be?
Harper Lee, Truman Capote and John Lennon. Mostly because I’d love to hear Capote and Lennon argue. Lol!

Lol, definitely one to be a fly on the wall at! Are there any books you can just read over and over again and never get sick of?
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Regularly Scheduled Life by KA Mitchell
Anna Faris is Unqualified by Anna Faris

Okay, I have to confess I've never read To Kill A Mockingbird. Time to add it to my list, clearly. If you could recommend any book (beside your own) to everyone reading this, what would it be?
Regularly Scheduled Life by KA Mitchell. The book involves the aftermath of a school shooting and two men dealing with their feelings. It’s couple-y, sweet, tough and tender.

Sounds good, and highly relevant for modern life right now. Okay, the hard ball question. Tea or coffee?
Neither. I never acquired the taste for either. Makes coffee dates awkward. 😊

Gasp! How do you function without tea? Apart from writing, what are your great passions in life?
Being a mom to a tot, dogs and cats, being a partner and creating art. I love to draw. 😊

Sounds awesome :) And what else are you working on right now? What's up next from you?
I’m currently working on the story that follows Her Sir. It’ll be called His Girl. After that…I’m not sure. I’ve got notebooks full of stories I want to follow through with. I’ll pick one that speaks to me and away I go. 😊

Ah, the writer's notebook. It's a blessing and a curse! Okay, so that's Megan. Now, how about a look at HER SIR?

 


HER SIR by Megan Slayer
Evernight Publishing
Contemporary Erotic Romance
M/F, BDSM, Exhibitionism, Anal Sex, Toys, Spanking

There’s only one man for Andi—her Sir.

Andi McCarron knew the moment she met Sir’s gaze, he’d change her life forever. Despite other Doms wanting her as their sub, she only submits to him because he knows how to make her skin tingle. The pain delivered from his crop makes her spirit sing. She needs Sir but she wants more—except he’s not interested in taking the relationship outside of the club. What’s a girl to do when the man of her dreams, the one wielding the crop, won’t leave the club?

Dean Meyer craves his sweet sub, Andi. She fills his dreams and fantasies, but she wants a relationship. He’s not sure she can handle both his demons and secrets. Still, he can’t deny the attraction to her. When fate throws them together, he has to make a choice—give his sub what she needs or let her go for good. 

Available from these fine retailers:


Excerpt:

©2018 Megan Slayer, All Rights Reserved

“You control everything,” she blurted. Her cheeks reddened, and she bowed her head. “Sorry. But you do.”
“Actually, you do. When we play, you’re the one in control. You say stop or slow, and I follow. I push you, but you tell me when you’re done. I’ll encourage you to stretch your boundaries, but only because I want to make you fly.” He pushed the cooling coffee to the side. “If you say no, then I respect your decision.”
“You expect me to kneel.” She flattened her palms on the table. “Like that last time.”
“I wanted to show off my beautiful woman. If you’d have said no before we left the private area, I would’ve stayed out of the main room.” He leveled his gaze at her. “I expect a partner. You were my best partner.” He hadn’t taught her very well if she thought she was second rate. When they played again—and they would be—he’d show her what he meant.
“You have one. A partner. I saw the demonstration,” she said. “You replaced me.”
“Slow down.” He hadn’t known she was at the club when he’d done the demonstration or he would’ve plucked her from the audience. “Which demo?”
“There’s more than one?”
“I don’t have a permanent sub, so I’m expected to do demonstrations for visitors, for the videos … for people who want to play the voyeur. That’s part of my job at the club.” Not his favorite part and he couldn’t wait to pass the torch to someone else, but he’d tell her that later. She managed to aggravate him like no other. He wanted to stretch her ass across his lap and spank the sass out of her. Then he wanted to kiss her until she collapsed. He wasn’t one to settle down, but she made him think twice. In her own way, she’d broken him.
“I thought we had something.” She turned her cup around. “Now I understand I was just another client.”
“I never said that. Never thought it,” he said. She’d been special from the start. He loved the way she felt in his arms, the way she moaned during a scene, the flicker in her eyes just before she came…
“Then why replace me? Why not tell me how you felt?” she asked. “Or have you come to this realization now that we’re not at the club?”
“First, I didn’t replace you. I don’t have any one sub I play with. The girls in the video are one and done. No sex, just demonstration and go. I haven’t found anyone who can fill your place. I’ve had a couple offers, but they aren’t you.” They shouldn’t be having this conversation in public, but she needed reassurance. “Would you like to have dinner with me tonight?”






No comments:

Post a Comment