Monday 2 February 2015

"Not that the story need be long, but it will take a long while to make it short."

Henry David Thoreau

Well, it's February 2nd and Blood Witch is not finished. I guess I was probably over-ambitious deciding I'd be done with the first draft by he end of January. For one thing, it's likely to be a lot longer than I originally thought (at one point I was pretty sure it would be around the 15k mark). For another, I'm once again struggling with pains in both arms. Actually, I think a better way to put it would be "I'm struggling with particularly bad pains in both arms," since these days there's always a degree of pain in one or the other. But at the moment I'm in a place where I can't really carry a bowl of soup safely. Obviously this doesn't translate well to writing. So I'm limiting my writing time, taking regular breaks, and trying to remember that I'm not on any deadlines and nobody is expecting anything from me at the moment.

The plus side is that I'm really enjoying Blood Witch, so the writing I am getting done feels satisfying. I have today and Tuesday off from the day job, so whilst part of me is hoping to get loads done, another part of me is glad I have the option of not being at a computer at all if I don't want to be.

One thing I do want to do while I'm off is something you Ethan Banning fans may appreciate - I found the manuscript for another Ethan short that I self-published a while back. I pulled it when I pulled all my other self-published stuff, and I was going to leave it pulled because I remembered it being pretty lame. But I read it through and found myself laughing hysterically, so I figured I should probably put it back out there and see if you guys think it's as funny as me. So I'll start polishing and revamping that to fit the look of the other Ethan shorts either today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow, because today is mostly going to be dedicated to preparing for Common Brimstone's second birthday.

(Actually, this is a lie. Most of today is going to be dedicated to sitting around in my pyjamas watching Ancient Aliens because I'm 31 years old and I don't have to explain myself to you).

I actually cannot believe how many seasons there are of this show.



No comments:

Post a Comment